Risotto seems like an indulgence, but this one is easy to make and the taste is like something created by a professional chef! The roasted vegetables add wonderful flavor to the creamy, rich rice dish.—
Recommended: 54 Amazing Ways to Love Winter Veggies
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup uncooked arborio rice
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 2 cups Roasted Green Vegetable Medley
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large saucepan, heat stock and keep warm. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, saute garlic in butter for 2-3 minutes or until tender. Add rice and pepper; cook and stir for 2-3 minutes. Reduce heat; stir in wine. Cook and stir until all of the liquid is absorbed.
- Add heated broth, 1/2 cup at a time, stirring constantly. Allow the liquid to absorb between additions. Cook just until risotto is creamy and rice is almost tender. (Cooking time is about 20 minutes.) Add vegetables; cook and stir until heated through. Sprinkle with cheese. Serve immediately. Yield: 5 servings.
Originally published as Roasted Vegetable Risotto in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2012, p92