Roasted Vegetable Chili
Hannah Barringer of Loudon, Tennessee suggests serving this delicious and satisfying recipe with corn chips, cheese, sour cream, and a small salad. “To save time, purchase vegetables that have already been diced,” she adds.
Total TimePrep: 35 min. Cook: 30 min.
Makes13 servings (5 quarts)
- 1 medium butternut squash, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 large carrots, sliced
- 2 medium zucchini, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 medium green peppers, diced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 3 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup salsa
- 3 teaspoons chili powder
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- Place the squash, carrots and zucchini in a 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Combine 1 tablespoon oil and cumin; drizzle over vegetables and toss to coat. Bake, uncovered, at 450° for 25-30 minutes or until tender, stirring once.
- Meanwhile, in a stockpot, saute green peppers and onion in remaining oil for 3-4 minutes or until tender. Stir in the broth, tomatoes, beans, water, salsa, chili powder and garlic. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- Stir in roasted vegetables. Return to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5-10 minutes or until heated through.