This soup is bursting with roasted vegetables and bold Jones breakfast sausage. Roasting the vegetables first creates a deep, satisfying flavor profile. Recipe provided by Jones Sausage
Recommended: 30 Fresh Ways to Use Up Zucchini
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and cubed
- 1 medium zucchini, cubed
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 (8.4 oz) package Jones Dairy Farm All Natural Golden Brown Mild Pork Sausage Links, sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Additional salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Spread vegetables in 9x13 glass baking dish and drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and toss to combine. Roast for 30 minutes, stirring a few times, until vegetables are golden brown and tender (sweet potatoes may not be fully cooked).
- Transfer vegetables and any accumulated juice to large saucepan or stockpot. Add broth and bring to a boil, then simmer 10 to 15 minutes.
- Add sliced sausage, red pepper flakes and any additional salt and pepper. Simmer 4 or 5 more minutes, until sausage is warmed through. Yield: 6 servings
Originally published as Roasted Vegetable & Sausage Soup in Jones Sausage 2016