- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 turkey drumsticks, skin removed (about 3/4 pound each)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 3/4 cup red wine or additional chicken broth
- 5 teaspoons onion soup mix
- 1-1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 bay leaf
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine flour and white pepper. Add drumsticks, one at a time, and shake to coat. In a skillet, brown drumsticks on all sides in oil. Transfer to a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish; set aside. In a saucepan, combine the tomato sauce, broth, wine or additional broth, soup mix, paprika, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, sugar and salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 3 minutes or until flavors are blended. Add bay leaf.
- Pour the sauce over the drumsticks. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Turn drumsticks over; cover and bake 30-40 minutes longer or until juices run clear and thermometer reads 180°. Discard bay leaf before serving. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews forRoasted Turkey Drumsticks
"Absolutely loved the blended flavors in this! Great for any time of the year, and so happy about that, since I love turkey, but don't like to make a whole one more often then once a year."