Roasted Turkey Breast Tenderloins & Vegetables
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 35 min.
Makes4 servings plus 16 ounces cooked turkey breast tenderloins
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 3 cups fresh baby carrots
- 4 celery ribs, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 medium onions, cut into wedges
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 turkey breast tenderloins (5 ounces each)
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
- Preheat oven to 425°. In a small bowl, mix the first six ingredients. Combine 2 teaspoons of the seasoning mixture with butter; toss with vegetables. Transfer to a roasting pan. Bake, uncovered, 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, rub oil over turkey; sprinkle with remaining seasoning mixture. Move vegetables to edges of pan; place turkey in the center. Bake, uncovered, 20-25 minutes or until a thermometer inserted in turkey reads 165° and vegetables are tender.
- Save half of turkey for Buffalo Turkey with Linguine (recipe also in Recipe Finder) or save for another use. Remove remaining turkey and vegetables to a serving platter and keep warm.
- Pour cooking juices into a small saucepan. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; gradually stir into pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with turkey and vegetables.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 363 calories, 17g fat (8g saturated fat), 100mg cholesterol, 718mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 4g fiber), 35g protein.
Jul 26, 2018
Everyone loved this recipe. My 4 year old son ate so many carrots. And my husband said put this on the make again list. Use turkey tenderloins which look similar to chicken tenderloins and are all cut up. Not A turkey tenderloin which is like one big log and would take longer to cook. I didn't have celery and no one missed it so I just added celery salt for added taste. Thanks!!!
May 5, 2017
This is one of our favorite recipes. I did change it up slightly, though. The ingredients called for salt and pepper. Since I wanted it more Thanksgiving-like, I sprinkled each tenderloin additionally with some Rosemary, Thyme, Sage, and Marjoram after rubbing them with olive oil. I highly recommend this recipe.Volunteer Field Editor
Jan 5, 2017
I wonder if there is some confusion about what a turkey breast tenderloin is. I bought one that was 24 oz and looks a little like a pork tenderloin. The recipe calls for eight 5-ounce tenderloins, so I was a little confused and wonder if that makes the difference in the cook time that so many people experience. I cut the 24-0z tenderloin into five pieces and the cook time worked well - probably only needed 20 minutes in my oven. The turkey was delicious and so tender and the carrots outstanding. I didn't get enough drippings for the gravy, so I had to add some chicken broth and more water/corn starch mixture plus kitchen bouquet for a little extra color and flavor.
Sep 17, 2015
The turkey took wayyy longer to cook. I had to adjust a lot about this recipe to make it salvageable...I will not use this recipe again.
Aug 7, 2015
We LOVED this! The turkey did take a bit longer to cook than stated, but the final dish was delicious! Perfect combination of spices! The vegetables were cooked just right and savory. This recipe will be a keeper in my kitchen.
Mar 9, 2015
I am using this reciepe today to make my Turkey Tenderloin with Vegatables. I will put a picture of my results by the end of day.
Feb 23, 2015
my husband and I love this and the the Buffalo turkey dish that goes with the left overs .
Nov 4, 2014
I followed the recipe exactly. The turkey took longer to cook, and when it's done cooking it was dry. The meal itself was pretty blend. I was disappointed. Will not make it again.
Jul 11, 2014
I really appreciated the fact that this had very few carbs/fats in it. Using the turkey was great, as well as using olive oil. This healthy dish tastes great too.
Sep 6, 2011
very good but did cut the turkey i didnt have a dutch oven to make buffalo turkey and dont know anyone that does!