Roasted Tomato Pasta Salad
Herb-roasted plum tomatoes star in this pleasing pasta dish from Ruth Barron of Mt. Pleasant, Pennsylvania. For added taste and texture, Ruth mixes in chunks of creamy mozzarella and crunchy green pepper, then tosses it all with a tangy dressing.
Total TimePrep: 50 min.
- 10 plum tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 4 ounces part-skim mozzarella cheese, cubed
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup fat-free red wine vinaigrette dressing
- 3 cups cooked spiral pasta
- Core tomatoes and cut in half lengthwise. Place cut side up on a broiler pan; brush with oil. Combine 1/4 teaspoon of salt, basil, thyme and pepper; sprinkle over tomatoes. Turn tomatoes cut side down. Bake at 425° for 30-35 minutes or until edges are well browned. Cool slightly.
- Peel off skins and discard. Chop tomatoes; combine the green pepper, cheese, onion, dressing and remaining salt. Place pasta in a serving bowl; add tomato mixture and toss to coat.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 326 calories, 10g fat (4g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 826mg sodium, 46g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 4g fiber), 15g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 vegetable, 1 lean meat, 1 fat.
Originally published as Roasted Tomato Pasta Salad in Light & Tasty June/July 2002
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.