Roasted Sweet Potatoes with Balsamic Vinegar and Rosemary
This is classic comfort food that tastes great and makes your house smell welcoming on a Sunday afternoon. It accompanies so many things, and can be easily doubled to feed a crowd. —Jessica Gerschitz, Jericho, New York
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 3 pounds sweet potatoes (about 3 large), peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 to 2 tablespoons minced fresh rosemary or 1 to 2 teaspoons dried rosemary, crushed
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a large bowl, toss sweet potatoes with oil, rosemary, salt and pepper; transfer to two 15x10x1-in. baking pans.
- Roast until tender and lightly browned, stirring occasionally, about 30 minutes. Toss with vinegar and cheese.