Roasted Sweet Potato and Onion Salad
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 4 small sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 large onion, cut into eight wedges
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- BALSAMIC VINAIGRETTE:
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon minced chives
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh marjoram
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, toss the sweet potatoes, onion, oil, salt, pepper and garlic powder. Transfer to a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake at 425° for 35-40 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- In a small bowl, whisk the vinaigrette ingredients. Drizzle over potato mixture; toss to coat. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 242 calories, 17g fat (2g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 306mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 3g fiber), 2g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Nov 23, 2018
We tried this for Thanksgiving because I wanted a side dish that looked easy and wasn’t too sweet. It tasted so good coming out of the oven I hesitated to add the dressing— but I did, and it was delicious. I’m putting this recipe in the holiday rotation, as it was easy and would be a good one to make ahead.