Roasted Sweet Potato and Onion Salad
My family’s love of potato salad and sweet potatoes led to this combination recipe that I serve on holidays. The maple syrup in the vinaigrette lends a pleasant hint of sweetness. —Susan Jordan, Denver, Colorado
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 4 small sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 large onion, cut into eight wedges
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- BALSAMIC VINAIGRETTE:
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon minced chives
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh marjoram
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, toss the sweet potatoes, onion, oil, salt, pepper and garlic powder. Transfer to a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake at 425° for 35-40 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- In a small bowl, whisk the vinaigrette ingredients. Drizzle over potato mixture; toss to coat. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 242 calories, 17g fat (2g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 306mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 3g fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Roasted Sweet Potato Salad in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2013
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.