Roasted Sweet Potato and Onion Salad
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 4 small sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 large onion, cut into eight wedges
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- BALSAMIC VINAIGRETTE:
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon minced chives
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh marjoram
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, toss the sweet potatoes, onion, oil, salt, pepper and garlic powder. Transfer to a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake at 425° for 35-40 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- In a small bowl, whisk the vinaigrette ingredients. Drizzle over potato mixture; toss to coat. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 242 calories, 17g fat (2g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 306mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 3g fiber), 2g protein.
Nov 23, 2018
We tried this for Thanksgiving because I wanted a side dish that looked easy and wasn’t too sweet. It tasted so good coming out of the oven I hesitated to add the dressing— but I did, and it was delicious. I’m putting this recipe in the holiday rotation, as it was easy and would be a good one to make ahead.