Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup cubed yellow summer squash (1/2-inch cubes)
- 1 cup cubed zucchini (1/2-inch cubes)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Dash pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup crumbled goat cheese or feta cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Drizzle with oil; toss to coat. Place in a single layer in a 15x10x1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until vegetables are lightly browned and tender, stirring twice. Sprinkle with cheese, basil and parsley. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 275 calories, 22g fat (8g saturated fat), 22mg cholesterol, 448mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 4g fiber), 9g protein.
Sep 20, 2015
This recipe is a very tasty and easy way to cook this vegetable. I used zucchini, summer, & kuza squash. The roasting process concentrated the mild flavor of this vegetable. I removed some of the seeds so as to get a firmer texture. I added two cloves of garlic and was very liberal with the red pepper flakes. I did not have the cheese recommended so I used Monterey Jack cheese. Delicious! It's a definite keeper.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.