Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup cubed yellow summer squash (1/2-inch cubes)
- 1 cup cubed zucchini (1/2-inch cubes)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Dash pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup crumbled goat cheese or feta cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Drizzle with oil; toss to coat. Place in a single layer in a 15x10x1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until vegetables are lightly browned and tender, stirring twice. Sprinkle with cheese, basil and parsley. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 275 calories, 22g fat (8g saturated fat), 22mg cholesterol, 448mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 4g fiber), 9g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Sep 20, 2015
This recipe is a very tasty and easy way to cook this vegetable. I used zucchini, summer, & kuza squash. The roasting process concentrated the mild flavor of this vegetable. I removed some of the seeds so as to get a firmer texture. I added two cloves of garlic and was very liberal with the red pepper flakes. I did not have the cheese recommended so I used Monterey Jack cheese. Delicious! It's a definite keeper.