- 2 pounds carrots (about 12 medium), peeled
- 1 medium butternut squash (3 pounds), peeled and cubed
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 400°. Cut carrots in half lengthwise, then in half crosswise.
- In a large bowl, toss squash and carrots with brown sugar, oil, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg. Transfer to two greased foil-lined 15x10x1-in. baking pans. Roast 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Sprinkle walnuts over vegetables. Roast 5-10 minutes longer or until vegetables are tender. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forRoasted Squash, Carrots & Walnuts
"Oh my gosh was this a tasty side dish!!! It got rave reviews from the hubby!!"
"This recipe was a very tasty side dish! Since I didn't have a regular butternut squash, I used a 12-oz. package of frozen cooked butternut squash which I cooked in my microwave oven per instructions on the package.I used 1/2 lb. baby carrots, cut in cross-wise pieces after halving them. I used the same amount of packed brown sugar, olive oil and I just used 1 tsp. kosher salt. I kept the same amount of cinnamon and nutmeg. I'd mixed the squash and carrots together and baked at 400o F. in a square 8" baking pan, sprayed with non-stick cooking spray for 30 minutes, then topped with the 1 cup chopped walnuts and baked 10 minutes longer.This recipe is definitely a keeper! Thank you, Lily Julow, for sharing your recipe with Taste of Home!delowenstein"
"Made this on a whim this weekend. Paired it with a roasted chicken, and I got rave reviews from my guests about it! It was the perfect side with the savory chicken and stuffing!! Will definitely make again for our Thanksgiving feast! The only thing I changed was that I added a little less sugar and a little less nutmeg. it still was phenomenal!!"