- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 12 sea scallops (2 ounces each)
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- In an ungreased 3-qt. baking dish, combine the first seven ingredients. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 10 minutes or until bubbly.
- Stir in scallops. Bake 15 minutes longer or until scallops are firm and opaque. Serve with rice if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forRoasted Sea Scallops
"My family did not like this recipe. They are not big fans of tomato and tomato over powers the dish. The best way to cook scallops is in the skillet with butter and salt n pepper!"
"My husband and I were disappointed with this recipe.... very little flavor. And the combination of tomatoes and scallops roasting made a large amount of broth that watered down the flavor. I served it over rice, but there was way too much watery broth. If I were to try something like this again, I would add more herbs, and I would drain off the broth. We love scallops, but this recipe did not complement their flavor well. Will not make again."
"loved this it was easy and great not over cooked scallops"
"My whole family will eat it, which is a miracle with 3 picky kids."