Roasted Root Veggies Recipe
- 3 large red potatoes, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 large red onion, cut into wedges
- 2 medium turnips, peeled and quartered
- 5 medium carrots, halved and quartered
- 2 medium parsnips, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 1 small rutabaga, peeled and cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Toss all of the ingredients in a large bowl, transfer to a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan that has been coated with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 1 to 1-1/2 hours or until vegetables are tender, stirring frequently. Yield: 15 servings.
1 cup: 69 calories, 2g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 31mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1/2 starch.
Reviews for Roasted Root Veggies
"I love the taste and aroma of this dish. I have made it several times and am happy to try some new vegetables I've shied away from in the past--turnip, rutabaga and parsnips. Goes great with roast beef."