Roasted Root Vegetable Medley
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 3 medium carrots, cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 2 medium red onions, cut into wedges
- 2 large potatoes, peeled and cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 to 4 medium fresh beets, peeled and quartered
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- Place the carrots, red onions and potatoes in two greased 15x10x1-in. baking pans. In a small bowl, combine the oil, salt and garlic powder. Drizzle evenly over vegetables; toss to coat.
- Place beets in pans (do not stir). Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 40-45 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Sprinkle with green onions.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 130 calories, 3g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 144mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 3g fiber), 3g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 22, 2012
Tonight I splurged on a standing beef rib roast that was on sale. I made a roasted veggie mdley as a side dish and everybody cleaned their plates! We don't like beets so I didn't use those, and I used sweet onions instead of the red and green onions. I also added some parsnips and brussel sprout halves along with 2 Tblsp of real maple syrup. Even the grandchilden, who are picky eaters, gobbled the veggies up and asked for seconds.
Mar 2, 2010
We enjoyed this recipe with smoked sausage.
Mar 2, 2010
We enjoyed this recipe.