- 2 pounds red potatoes, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 hard-boiled large eggs, sliced
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Paprika, optional
- Place the potatoes in a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 25-30 minutes or until tender and golden brown, stirring occasionally. Cool for 15 minutes.
- Transfer to a large bowl; add onion, eggs, bacon, mayonnaise, salt and pepper. Toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for several hours or overnight. Sprinkle with paprika if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews forRoasted Red Potato Salad
"This sounds like my moma's potato and egg salad. The potatoes were cut small and the eggs were chopped into large pieces . They are then added to the wet ingredients chopped oniion, mayonnaise sweet pickle relish, salt and freshly ground pepper. The crumbled bacon was then added. Smoked paprika and parsley are then sprinkled on top! Refrigerate 1 hour for the flavors to meld together. Enjoy! Sudie York :)"
"I've made one very similar, but you add onions & sweet bell peppers to the potatoes while roasting. Very good for a change I threw in some green onions when stirring it all together."
"Made something very similar to this, but added avocado, it was delicious!!!"
"Great recipe, very close to a recipe I've been using ingredient wise, but I'd never thought about roasting the potatoes before. I made it one time as called for and then once with a tablespoon of Dijon mustard both ways were good, but the Dijon gave it a kick of flavor."
"Roasting the potatoes until they are crispy is a difference maker. I tossed the potatoes with salt before roasting. That little step really helps the flavor."
"Betty-Crocker Bacon-Bits veggie adds nice flavor and reduces the calories. Try them."
"very good warm or cold."