Roasted Red Pepper Sauce Recipe
I often use Greek olives with the artichoke hearts to add zing to this pasta sauce," says Genie Tosh. "Roast the peppers yourself if you have the time," suggests the Waynesville, Ohio reader.
- 4 pounds plum tomatoes (about 17), coarsely chopped
- 1 large sweet onion, chopped
- 1 can (29 ounces) tomato puree
- 3 jars (7 ounces each) roasted sweet red peppers, drained and chopped
- 2 jars (6-1/2 ounces each) marinated artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, quartered
- 2 cans (2-1/4 ounces each) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Hot cooked pasta
- 1. In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine the first 14 ingredients. Cover and cook on high for 4 hours or until flavors are blended. Serve with pasta. Yield: about 15 cups.
1 cup: 116 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 298mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Roasted Red Pepper Sauce
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC