Roasted Red Pepper Cheese Puffs
These are as pretty as they are delicious. I came up with this recipe one day when I was planning on making lasagna. Instead, I used some of the ingredients to create these tasty bites. —Kelly Williams, Forked River, New Jersey
Total TimePrep: 35 min. Bake: 20 min./batch
- 3/4 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped roasted sweet red pepper, patted dry
- 1/4 cup shredded provolone cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped ripe olives
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons grated Romano cheese, divided
- 1 package (17.3 ounces) frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 teaspoon 2% milk
- Preheat oven to 375°. For filling, mix first seven ingredients and 2 tablespoons Romano cheese. Unfold one pastry sheet; cut into 16 squares. Place 2 tablespoon filling on one half of each square. Brush edges of pastry with milk; fold over to form a rectangle. Seal edges with a fork; place 1 in. apart on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Repeat with second pastry sheet and remaining filling.
- Cut slits in tops. Brush with milk; sprinkle with remaining Romano cheese. Bake until golden brown, 20-22 minutes. Remove from pans to wire racks. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 appetizer: 91 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 92mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Roasted Red Sweet Pepper, Provolone and Ricotta Puffs in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2018