Roasted Red Pepper Cheese Puffs
These are as pretty as they are delicious. I came up with this recipe one day when I was planning on making lasagna. Instead, I used some of the ingredients to create these tasty bites. —Kelly Williams, Forked River, New Jersey
Total TimePrep: 35 min. Bake: 20 min./batch
- 3/4 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped roasted sweet red pepper, patted dry
- 1/4 cup shredded provolone cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped ripe olives
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons grated Romano cheese, divided
- 1 package (17.3 ounces) frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 teaspoon 2% milk
- Preheat oven to 375°. For filling, mix first seven ingredients and 2 tablespoons Romano cheese. Unfold one pastry sheet; cut into 16 squares. Place 2 tablespoon filling on one half of each square. Brush edges of pastry with milk; fold over to form a rectangle. Seal edges with a fork; place 1 in. apart on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Repeat with second pastry sheet and remaining filling.
- Cut slits in tops. Brush with milk; sprinkle with remaining Romano cheese. Bake until golden brown, 20-22 minutes. Remove from pans to wire racks. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 appetizer: 91 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 92mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.