Roasted Pumpkin Nachos
- 4 cups cubed fresh pumpkin or butternut squash (about 1 pound)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (13 ounces) tortilla chips
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 jar (16 ounces) salsa
- 3 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend
- Optional toppings: Minced fresh cilantro, sliced green onions and hot pepper sauce
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°. Place pumpkin in a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Drizzle with oil; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Toss to coat. Roast until tender, 25-30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 2. Reduce oven setting to 350°. On a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan, layer half of the chips, beans, pumpkin, salsa and cheese. Repeat layers. Bake until cheese is melted, 8-10 minutes. Add toppings of your choice; serve immediately.
1 serving: 347 calories, 18g fat (6g saturated fat), 25mg cholesterol, 559mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 4g fiber), 10g protein.
Oct 20, 2017
We used butternut squash - this was very good.
Nov 3, 2014
I love squash but in this recipe it just didn't work for me. Tasty but I think I would have liked it how you made it in the summer with corn off the cob.