- 4 cups cubed fresh pumpkin or butternut squash (about 1 pound)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (13 ounces) tortilla chips
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 jar (16 ounces) salsa
- 3 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend
- Optional toppings: minced fresh cilantro, sliced green onions and hot pepper sauce
- Preheat oven to 400°. Place pumpkin in a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Drizzle with oil; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Toss to coat. Roast 25-30 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce oven setting to 350°. On a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan, layer half of the chips, beans, pumpkin, salsa and cheese. Repeat layers. Bake 8-10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Add toppings of your choice; serve immediately. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews forRoasted Pumpkin Nachos
"We used butternut squash - this was very good."
"I love squash but in this recipe it just didn't work for me. Tasty but I think I would have liked it how you made it in the summer with corn off the cob."