While traveling to Taiwan, I had the pleasure of trying a unique vegetable dish that included fresh pumpkin. It inspired me to roast pumpkin with Brussels sprouts. —Pam Correll, Brockport, Pennsylvania
Featured In: 40 Ways to Love Roasted Veggies
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 medium pie pumpkin (about 3 pounds), peeled and cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 1 pound fresh Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved lengthwise
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a large bowl, combine pumpkin, Brussels sprouts and garlic. In a small bowl, whisk oil, vinegar, salt and pepper; drizzle over vegetables and toss to coat.
- Transfer to a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Roast 35-40 minutes or until tender, stirring once. Sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Roasted Pumpkin and Brussels Sprouts in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2015, p113