While traveling to Taiwan, I had the pleasure of trying a unique vegetable dish that included fresh pumpkin. It inspired me to roast pumpkin with Brussels sprouts. —Pam Correll, Brockport, Pennsylvania
Featured In: 40 Ways to Love Roasted Veggies
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 medium pie pumpkin (about 3 pounds), peeled and cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 1 pound fresh Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved lengthwise
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a large bowl, combine pumpkin, Brussels sprouts and garlic. In a small bowl, whisk oil, vinegar, salt and pepper; drizzle over vegetables and toss to coat.
- Transfer to a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Roast 35-40 minutes or until tender, stirring once. Sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Roasted Pumpkin and Brussels Sprouts in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2015, p113
Reviews forRoasted Pumpkin and Brussels Sprouts
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 8, 2018
"very good tasting and family loved it"