Roasted Potatoes & Onions with Wilted Greens
I'm usually not a fan of side dishes because I find them boring and bland, but a necessary evil in my meal prep. But this is one of the best sides I have ever made. It is derived from a recipe my mother-in-law had. If I want to make one-dish meal with protein, I throw some sauteed diced pancetta. —Elizabeth Hartman, Salt Lake City, Utah
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 2 pounds small red potatoes (about 16), halved
- 2 medium red onions, cut into thin wedges
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1-1/4 teaspoons pepper, divided
- 5 ounces fresh arugula (about 6 cups)
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- Preheat oven to 425°. Toss potatoes and onions with oil, 1 teaspoon salt and 1 teaspoon pepper. Spread in a greased 15x10x1-in. pan. Roast until potatoes are tender, 25-30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Transfer to a large bowl. Add arugula, vinegar and the remaining salt and pepper; toss to combine. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 129 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 456mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 fat.
Originally published as Roasted Potatoes & Onions with Wilted Greens in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2018