Roasted Potato Salad
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 1 hour + cooling
- 6 cups water
- 1/2 pound fresh green beans, cut into 1-1/2-inch pieces
- 1 large whole garlic bulb
- 2 pounds small red potatoes, quartered
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 2 medium sweet red peppers, cut into large chunks
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary or 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a large saucepan, bring 6 cups water to a boil. Add beans; bring to a boil. Cover and cook for 3 minutes. Drain and immediately place beans in ice water; drain and pat dry.
- Remove papery outer skin from garlic (do not peel or separate cloves). Cut top off garlic bulb. Place cut side up in a greased 15x10x 1-in. baking pan. Add potatoes; drizzle with broth. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 30-40 minutes or until garlic is softened.
- Remove garlic; set aside. Add the red peppers, onions and reserved beans to the pan. Bake 30-35 minutes longer or until tender. Cool for 10-15 minutes.
- Squeeze softened garlic into a large bowl. Stir in the vinegar, oil, sugar, rosemary and salt. Add vegetables; toss to coat. Serve warm or cold.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 124 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 167mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 3g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Apr 26, 2017
This was really good! Greater than the sum of its parts, if you know what I mean.
Feb 16, 2015
Wonderful! I was asked not to wait until I make this again. I was worried it was a bit dry while roasting since the broth evaporated in no time but it all worked out well.
Oct 4, 2014
Good flavor, not pretty. I'll use white balsamic next time for better presentation.
Apr 2, 2012
I didnt like it but my husband did.
Oct 29, 2011
Awesome salad hot or cold!! I served it cold for my son's birthday party and everyone loved it! Then served it hot for my Aunt's bridal shower and was asked for the recipe several times!!!
Jun 27, 2011
Great! I wasn't too sure how I would like it not being the biggest balsami vinegar fan, but it was excellent. We like it cold!
Oct 2, 2010
My family thought this was excellent and that I should definitely make it again.
Jul 24, 2010
One of our summer favorites! I like it best at room temperature.
Jun 25, 2010
Loved the blended flavors, it really was a hit with my picky family!
Jun 3, 2010
Have new potatoes from our gardenas well as green and yellow beans, and a son who doesn't eat Mayo. Wanted a poato salad that he would eat. He loved it and so did my husbnd. Will make again. It is a keeper.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.