Roasted Pork Loin
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 2 hours + standing
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 boneless whole pork loin roast (4 to 5 pounds)
- In a skillet, combine the first 12 ingredients; saute until the vegetables are tender. Untie roast and separate. Randomly cut 20 deep slits, 1 in. wide, on inside surface of roast. Fill slits with some of the vegetable mixture; retie roast. Place on a rack in a shallow baking pan. Spread remaining vegetable mixture over the roast. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 2-3 hours or until a thermometer reaches 160°-170°. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing.
Jun 26, 2017
This roast turned out flavorful and trnder!! Will fix again!! Yummy!!
Feb 16, 2014
I add a can of diced tomatoes to this recipe and it is great!
Apr 23, 2011
Excellent flavor! I would recommend covering with foil and cooking slowly...yummy!!!
Sep 28, 2009
The roast appeared to be drying out, so I put foil over it for the last hour. Moist and delicious!