Roasted Pork and Vegetables
Cooking the vegetables and pork roast together lets you concentrate on other parts of the meal. Rosemary and garlic nicely flavor the meat.—Lily Julow, Lawrenceville, Georgia
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 1 hour + standing
- 1 boneless lean pork roast (3 to 4 pounds)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 3 fresh rosemary sprigs
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary
- 1-1/2 pounds small thin carrots
- 3 small onions, quartered
- 3 bacon strips, chopped
- Sprinkle roast with 1/8 teaspoon salt and pepper; place in a shallow roasting pan. With a sharp knife, cut 1/2-in.-deep slits in the roast; insert a garlic slice in each slit. Tie rosemary sprigs on top of roast with kitchen string.
- In a small bowl, combine the oil, minced garlic and rosemary, and remaining salt and pepper. Place carrots and onions around roast; drizzle with oil mixture. Top with bacon.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 to 1-1/4 hours or until a thermometer reads 160°. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing.
Editor’s Note: If small thin carrots are unavailable, halve or quarter them lengthwise.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 274 calories, 14g fat (4g saturated fat), 72mg cholesterol, 203mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 28g protein.
Originally published as Pork Rib Roast with Roasted Carrots and Onions in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2008
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.