Cooking the vegetables and pork roast together lets you concentrate on other parts of the meal. Rosemary and garlic nicely flavor the meat.—Lily Julow, Lawrenceville, Georgia
Recommended: 28 Impressive Holiday Roast Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 boneless lean pork roast (3 to 4 pounds)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 3 fresh rosemary sprigs
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary
- 1-1/2 pounds small thin carrots
- 3 small onions, quartered
- 3 bacon strips, chopped
- Sprinkle roast with 1/8 teaspoon salt and pepper; place in a shallow roasting pan. With a sharp knife, cut 1/2-in.-deep slits in the roast; insert a garlic slice in each slit. Tie rosemary sprigs on top of roast with kitchen string.
- In a small bowl, combine the oil, minced garlic and rosemary, and remaining salt and pepper. Place carrots and onions around roast; drizzle with oil mixture. Top with bacon.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 to 1-1/4 hours or until a thermometer reads 160°. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Roasted Pork and Vegetables in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2008, p42