Roasted Peppers with Basil
Roasting peppers yields a sweet, smoky flavor, and a silky texture. Mix in some fresh basil, and you have a titillating treat! It's absolutely delicious, plus it contains less than one gram of fat and zero cholesterol. —Tammy Landry, Saucier, Mississippi
- 1 each medium green, sweet red and yellow pepper
- 9 fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1. Broil peppers 4 in. from the heat until skins blister, about 6-8 minutes. With tongs, rotate a quarter turn. Broil and rotate until all sides are blistered and blackened. Immediately place peppers in a bowl; cover and let stand for 15-20 minutes.
- 2. Peel off and discard charred pepper skin. Remove stems and seeds. Cut peppers into 1/4-in. strips; place in a bowl. Add basil and garlic; toss to coat. Drizzle with vinegar and sprinkle with salt; toss to coat. Cover and let stand for 30 minutes before serving.
2/3 cup: 53 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 152mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable.
Nov 19, 2012
Yummy side dish. Was great with my bumper crop of peppers.
Oct 17, 2011
It had a nutty, sweet teate
© 2018 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC