I love all of these flavors and all of my friends do too! I serve this at any party, barbecue or pot luck and it's gone before I can set it down! This recipe may be made a day or two in advance (the pepper, onion mix).
Recommended: Our Most Gooey Grilled Cheese Sandwiches Ever
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 each medium green, sweet red and yellow peppers
- 1 log (11 ounces) fresh goat cheese
- 1 large sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 4-1/2 teaspoons chopped seeded jalapeno pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Sliced French bread baguette
- Broil peppers 4 in. from the heat until skins blister, about 5 minutes. With tongs, rotate peppers a quarter turn. Broil and rotate until all sides are blistered and blackened. Immediately place peppers in a large bowl; cover and let stand for 20 minutes.
- Peel off and discard charred skins. Remove stems and seeds. Thinly slice peppers. Place log of cheese in a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or just until heated through.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute onion in oil until tender. Add the garlic, jalapeno, paprika, pepper and salt; cook 2 minutes longer. Stir in peppers and parsley. Spoon over cheese. Serve with baguette. Yield: 20 servings.
Originally published as Roasted Peppers on Goat Cheese in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2011, p230