Roasted Pepper Tortellini Recipe
- 1 package (20 ounces) refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 5 Italian sausage links
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 jars (7 ounces each) roasted sweet red peppers, drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) pizza sauce
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1. Cook tortellini according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook sausage in oil over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Cut into 1/4-in. slices.
- 2. Place the red peppers in a blender; cover and process until smooth. Drain tortellini. Add the tortellini, pureed peppers and pizza sauce to the skillet; stir to combine. Cook for 5 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with cheeses; cover and heat until cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
1-1/3 cups: 521 calories, 28g fat (10g saturated fat), 74mg cholesterol, 1249mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 4g fiber), 26g protein.
Reviews for Roasted Pepper Tortellini
"Husband really enjoyed this. I normally don't care for sausage, but it wasn't too bad!"