Roasted Pepper Tortellini
Refrigerated tortellini cooks quickly, but you can also use dried tortellini.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 package (20 ounces) refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 5 Johnsonville® Mild Italian Sausage Links
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 jars (7 ounces each) roasted sweet red peppers, drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) pizza sauce
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- Cook tortellini according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook sausage in oil over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Cut into 1/4-in. slices.
- Place the red peppers in a blender; cover and process until smooth. Drain tortellini. Add the tortellini, pureed peppers and pizza sauce to the skillet; stir to combine. Cook for 5 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with cheeses; cover and heat until cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts1-1/3 cups: 521 calories, 28g fat (10g saturated fat), 74mg cholesterol, 1249mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 4g fiber), 26g protein.
Originally published as Tortellini with Sausage and Red Pepper Sauce in Weeknight Cooking Made Easy 2005
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.