Roasted Pepper Salad
Here’s a versatile, pretty side that will go with a summer full of entrées! —Trisha Kruse, Eagle, Idaho
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup minced fresh basil
- 8 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 large sweet yellow peppers, halved and seeded
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a small bowl, combine the tomatoes, basil, garlic, vinegar, salt and pepper. Spoon into pepper halves.
- Transfer to a 13x9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Cover and bake at 400° for 20 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with cheese. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts1 stuffed pepper half: 51 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 233mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable.
Originally published as Roasted Pepper Salad in Healthy Cooking June/July 2011
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.