Roasted Pepper ‘n’ Egg Salad Sandwiches
Here’s a fresh take on a classic sandwich from Ruby Williams of Bogalusa, Louisiana. The egg salad gets an extra boost from red peppers and zesty seasonings.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons diced roasted sweet red pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 hard-boiled large eggs, chopped
- 4 slices multigrain bread
- 2 romaine leaves
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Add eggs; stir gently to combine. Spread over two slices of bread. Top with romaine and remaining bread.