Roasted Pepper ‘n’ Egg Salad Sandwiches
Here’s a fresh take on a classic sandwich from Ruby Williams of Bogalusa, Louisiana. The egg salad gets an extra boost from red peppers and zesty seasonings.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons diced roasted sweet red pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 hard-boiled large eggs, chopped
- 4 slices multigrain bread
- 2 romaine leaves
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Add eggs; stir gently to combine. Spread over two slices of bread. Top with romaine and remaining bread.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 280 calories, 11g fat (3g saturated fat), 321mg cholesterol, 670mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 4g fiber), 15g protein.
Originally published as Egg Salad Sandwiches with Roasted Red Peppers in Cooking for 2 Winter 2007