Roasted Pepper & Feta Cheese Dip
Featuring roasted sweet red peppers and tangy feta, this comforting baked dip has a topping of toasted panko bread crumbs. It’s a crowd-pleaser I rely on again and again.—Courtney Wright, Birmingham, Alabama
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min.
Makes16 servings (1/4 cup each)
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 3/4 cup panko (Japanese) bread crumbs
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups (8 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 jar (12 ounces) roasted sweet red peppers, well drained and chopped
- Sliced French bread baguette or baked pita chips
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet, melt 3 tablespoons butter over medium heat. Add bread crumbs and toss to coat evenly; cook and stir 2-3 minutes until golden brown. Remove from pan.
- In same pan, heat remaining butter. Add shallot; cook and stir 1-2 minutes or until tender. Cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese, feta cheese and mayonnaise until blended. Stir in peppers and shallot. Transfer to an 8-in. square baking dish. Sprinkle with toasted bread crumbs.
- Bake 30-35 minutes or until bubbly. Serve with baguette slices.
Originally published as Warm Feta and Roasted Red Pepper Dip in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2014
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.