Featuring roasted sweet red peppers and tangy feta, this comforting baked dip has a topping of toasted panko bread crumbs. It’s a crowd-pleaser I rely on again and again.—Courtney Wright, Birmingham, Alabama
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 3/4 cup panko (Japanese) bread crumbs
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups (8 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 jar (12 ounces) roasted sweet red peppers, well drained and chopped
- Sliced French bread baguette or baked pita chips
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet, melt 3 tablespoons butter over medium heat. Add bread crumbs and toss to coat evenly; cook and stir 2-3 minutes until golden brown. Remove from pan.
- In same pan, heat remaining butter. Add shallot; cook and stir 1-2 minutes or until tender. Cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese, feta cheese and mayonnaise until blended. Stir in peppers and shallot. Transfer to an 8-in. square baking dish. Sprinkle with toasted bread crumbs.
- Bake 30-35 minutes or until bubbly. Serve with baguette slices. Yield: 16 servings (1/4 cup each).
Originally published as Roasted Pepper & Feta Cheese Dip in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2014