Whenever I bring home pears from the store, my family begs me to make this recipe. They love the tender roasted fruit smothered in creamy pecan sauce. It's luscious over ice cream or cake.
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 4 medium pears, peeled and cut into wedges
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened apple juice
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 3 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- Vanilla ice cream, optional
- Place pears in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, apple juice and butter; pour over pears. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 20 minutes, basting occasionally.
- Sprinkle with pecans. Bake 10-15 minutes longer or until pears are tender. Transfer pears to serving dishes. Pour cooking juices into a small bowl; whisk in cream until blended. Drizzle over pears. Serve with ice cream if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Roasted Pears in Pecan Sauce in Country Woman September/October 2006, p43