Roasted Italian Green Beans & Tomatoes
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1-1/2 pounds fresh green beans, trimmed and halved
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 425°. Place green beans in a 15x10x1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Mix oil, Italian seasoning and salt; drizzle over beans. Toss to coat. Roast 10 minutes, stirring once.
- Add tomatoes to pan. Roast until beans are crisp-tender and tomatoes are softened, 4-6 minutes longer. Sprinkle with cheese.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 70 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 4mg cholesterol, 231mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Jul 21, 2016
I did make some adjustments on this recipe. I'd used 3 Tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil plus 1/4 cup prepared Italian dressing. I kept the amount of salt the same but used 1-1/2 tsp. Italian seasoning. I had shredded Parmesan cheese, so I used that to sprinkle over the bean and tomato mixture. I roasted the beans 10 minutes, then with tomatoes, I roasted 20 more minutes at 425o F. I found that this dish worked best with the times I used! I think this is atasty side dish! Thank you, Brittany Allyn, for sharing your recipe. delowenstein
Feb 4, 2016
These could use a little more seasoning. I wasn't sure I was going to like the tomatoes thrown in, but I think it adds great flavor and nice color to the dish.