Cooking is a hobby I'm so happy to share with my toddler. She (and all our Christmas Eve party guests) heartily approved this new potluck favorite. Any type of winter squash works here. —Lindsay Oberhausen, Lexington, Kentucky
Recommended: 40 Ways to Love Roasted Veggies
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 medium acorn squash (about 1-1/2 pounds each), peeled and cut into 2-inch cubes
- 1 large butternut squash (5 to 6 pounds), peeled and cut into 2-inch cubes
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh thyme
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1 log (11 ounces) fresh goat cheese, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup, warmed slightly
- Preheat oven to 425°. Toss squashes with oil and seasonings. Transfer to two foil-lined 15x10-in. rimmed pans.
- Roast squash, stirring once, until soft and some pieces are caramelized, 30-35 minutes. Switch position of pans midway through roasting to ensure even doneness. If darker color is desired, broil 3-4 in. from heat 2-4 minutes.
- Cool slightly. To serve, add goat cheese to squash; gently toss. Sprinkle with parsley; drizzle with maple syrup. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Roasted Herbed Squash with Goat Cheese in Taste of Home December 2016