Roasted Gremolata-Topped Broccoli
I like the challenge of turning ordinary veggies into something extra special. A crisp almond-gremolata topping on fresh broccoli creates a holiday-worthy side dish.
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 20 min.
- ALMOND-GREMOLATA TOPPING:
- 2 slices white bread, torn
- 1/4 cup salted roasted almonds
- 1/4 cup lightly packed fresh parsley leaves
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 teaspoons butter, melted
- 2 pounds fresh broccoli florets (15 cups florets, cut from about 3 bunches)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- Place the first five ingredients in a food processor; pulse until bread is coarsely chopped. Transfer to a small bowl. Drizzle with 4 teaspoons melted butter; toss to combine.
- Place broccoli in a large bowl; toss with butter. Divide between two 15x10x1-in. baking pans coated with cooking spray. Roast until crisp-tender, 12-17 minutes.
- Transfer all broccoli to a 13x9-in. baking dish. Drizzle with lemon juice; sprinkle with bread crumb mixture and cheese. Bake until topping is crisp and cheese is melted, 5-8 minutes.
To Make Ahead: Almond-Gremolata Topping can be made 1 day ahead; refrigerate, covered, until ready to use.
Originally published as Roasted Broccoli with Almond Gremolata in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2013
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.