- 2 pounds fresh green beans, trimmed
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- 6 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- Preheat oven to 425°. In a large bowl, combine green beans, shallots and garlic; drizzle with oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Transfer to two 15x10x1-in. baking pans coated with cooking spray.
- Roast 15-20 minutes or until tender and lightly browned, stirring occasionally. Remove from oven; stir in 1 teaspoon lemon zest. Sprinkle with walnuts and remaining lemon zest. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forRoasted Green Beans with Lemon & Walnuts
"Delicious green beans! However the shallots were burning about 5 minutes in, so next time I'll wait 5 minutes until the green beans are done to add the shallots."