- 3 cups seedless red or green grapes, halved lengthwise
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar or rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 24 slices French bread baguette (cut diagonally 1/2 inch thick)
- 1/2 cup shaved Manchego or Romano cheese
- Thinly sliced fresh basil leaves
- Preheat oven to 400°. Toss first five ingredients; spread in a greased 15x10x1-in. pan. Roast until grapes are lightly browned and softened, 30-35 minutes. Stir in orange peel.
- Preheat broiler. Arrange bread slices on an ungreased baking sheet. Broil 3-4 in. from heat until lightly browned, 1-2 minutes per side. Top with warm grape mixture; sprinkle with cheese and basil. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews forRoasted Grape Crostini
"My husband and I thought that this recipe was absolutely amazing! Since I didn't have any fresh basil on hand, I substituted my homemade pesto, which worked just as well. A new favorite and something I'll be making often!"