A trip to Spain introduced me to its culinary treasures, like Manchego cheese and sherry. This appetizer always impresses folks who’ve never tasted roasted grapes. They're amazing. —Janice Elder, Charlotte, North Carolina
Featured In: Classy Appetizers for Your Oscars Party
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 3 cups seedless red or green grapes, halved lengthwise
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar or rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 24 slices French bread baguette (cut diagonally 1/2 inch thick)
- 1/2 cup shaved Manchego or Romano cheese
- Thinly sliced fresh basil leaves
- Preheat oven to 400°. Toss first five ingredients; spread in a greased 15x10x1-in. pan. Roast until grapes are lightly browned and softened, 30-35 minutes. Stir in orange peel.
- Preheat broiler. Arrange bread slices on an ungreased baking sheet. Broil 3-4 in. from heat until lightly browned, 1-2 minutes per side. Top with warm grape mixture; sprinkle with cheese and basil. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Roasted Grape Crostini in Taste of Home November 2014, p71