Roasted Ginger Green Beans
My husband, Michael, is the cook in our house and discovered this simple treatment for green beans. I hope you like its pleasant flavor as much as we do. —Kathy Jackson of Arlington, Virginia
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon minced fresh thyme or dash dried thyme
- 1 pound fresh green beans
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Add beans; toss to coat.
- Transfer to a 15x10x1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 16-20 minutes or until beans are crisp-tender, stirring occasionally. Sprinkle with ginger.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 77 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 443mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 3g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Originally published as Roasted Ginger Green Beans in Light & Tasty April/May 2003
Dec 14, 2013
We love green beans roasted this way!
Feb 6, 2012
Made this side dish as an appetizer for a party and they were gone in minutes!!! Delicious and super easy to make!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.