Roasted Ginger Green Beans
My husband, Michael, is the cook in our house and discovered this simple treatment for green beans. I hope you like its pleasant flavor as much as we do. —Kathy Jackson of Arlington, Virginia
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon minced fresh thyme or dash dried thyme
- 1 pound fresh green beans
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Add beans; toss to coat.
- Transfer to a 15x10x1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 16-20 minutes or until beans are crisp-tender, stirring occasionally. Sprinkle with ginger.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 77 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 443mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 3g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Originally published as Roasted Ginger Green Beans in Light & Tasty April/May 2003
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 14, 2013
We love green beans roasted this way!
Feb 6, 2012
Made this side dish as an appetizer for a party and they were gone in minutes!!! Delicious and super easy to make!