Roasted Garlic Spread
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 30 min.
Makesabout 1/2 cup
- 2 large garlic heads
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 to 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 to 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 2/3 cup boiling water
- Italian or French bread, sliced
- Remove papery outer skin from garlic (do not peel or separate cloves). Brush with oil. Wrap each head in heavy-duty aluminum foil.
- Bake at 425° for 30-35 minutes or until softened. Cool for 10-15 minutes. Cut top off garlic heads,leaving root end intact.
- In a small saucepan, melt butter. Squeeze softened garlic into pan. Stir in flour until blended. Dissolve bouillon in water; gradually add to garlic mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Serve with bread.
Nutrition Facts1 tablespoon: 35 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 4mg cholesterol, 121mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Mar 19, 2018
It may not be particularly pretty, and it may be simple, but you don't need a lot of bells and whistles when you have the flavor of roasted garlic to be the star. Really tasty.
Mar 17, 2012
Apr 10, 2011
Great flavor. Not attractive. Not a hit.