- 2 large garlic heads
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 to 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 to 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 2/3 cup boiling water
- Italian or French bread, sliced
- Remove papery outer skin from garlic (do not peel or separate cloves). Brush with oil. Wrap each head in heavy-duty aluminum foil.
- Bake at 425° for 30-35 minutes or until softened. Cool for 10-15 minutes. Cut top off garlic heads,leaving root end intact.
- In a small saucepan, melt butter. Squeeze softened garlic into pan. Stir in flour until blended. Dissolve bouillon in water; gradually add to garlic mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Serve with bread. Yield: about 1/2 cup.
Reviews forRoasted Garlic Spread
"It may not be particularly pretty, and it may be simple, but you don't need a lot of bells and whistles when you have the flavor of roasted garlic to be the star. Really tasty."
"Great flavor. Not attractive. Not a hit."