VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 large garlic heads
- 1 teaspoon olive or vegetable oil
- 1 to 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 to 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 2/3 cup boiling water
- Italian or French bread, sliced
- Remove papery outer skin from garlic (do not peel or separate cloves). Brush with oil. Wrap each head in heavy-duty aluminum foil. Bake at 425° for 30-35 minutes or until softened. Cool for 10-15 minutes. Cut top off garlic heads, leaving root end intact.
- In a small saucepan, melt butter. Squeeze softened garlic into pan. Stir in flour until blended. Dissolve bouillon in water; gradually add to garlic mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Serve with bread. Yield: about 1/2 cup.
Originally published as Roasted Garlic Spread in Taste of Home February/March 1999, p41
Reviews forRoasted Garlic Spread
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Mar. 17, 2012
Reviewed Apr. 10, 2011
"Great flavor. Not attractive. Not a hit."