Roasted Garlic & Onion Linguine
Instead of offering holiday company ordinary buttered noodles, make this garlic-infused linguine. Pass extra Parmesan around the table for guests who'd like more cheesy flavor.—Mariah Maliska, Keene, New Hampshire
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 30 min. + cooling
- 1 whole garlic bulb
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 2 small onions, halved
- 12 ounces uncooked linguine
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- Remove papery outer skin from garlic (do not peel or separate cloves). Cut top off garlic bulb; brush with oil. Wrap bulb and onions in heavy-duty foil.
- Bake at 425° for 30-35 minutes or until softened. Cool for 10-15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook linguine according to package directions. Squeeze softened garlic into a food processor. Add the cheese, broth, salt, pepper and onions; cover and process until blended. Drain linguine; toss with garlic mixture.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 243 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 178mg sodium, 46g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 10g protein.
Originally published as Roasted Garlic and Onion Linguine in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2009
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.