Roasted Garlic Fettuccine Alfredo
This rich side of fettuccine with spinach in a garlic-wine sauce will dress up any simple entree.—Andrea Larson, Puyallup, Washington
Total TimePrep: 1 hour + cooling Cook: 15 min.
- 1 whole garlic bulb
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 package (12 ounces) fettuccine
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup shredded Havarti cheese
- 2 cups chopped fresh baby spinach
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Remove papery outer skin from garlic (do not peel or separate cloves). Cut top off garlic bulb; brush with 1 tablespoon oil. Wrap in heavy-duty foil. Bake at 400° for 40-45 minutes or until softened. Cool for 10-15 minutes. Squeeze softened garlic into a small bowl; set aside.
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute shallot in butter and remaining oil until tender. Stir in the cream, wine, salt and pepper; cook for 4-5 minutes. Add Havarti cheese; cook for 2-4 minutes or until sauce is thickened, stirring occasionally. Stir in spinach.
- Drain fettuccine; place in a large bowl. Add cream sauce and garlic; toss to coat. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 418 calories, 27g fat (14g saturated fat), 74mg cholesterol, 312mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 11g protein.
Originally published as Fettuccini Alfredo alla Andrea in Taste of Home Cookbook Contest 2010/2011