"These are my favorite appetizers. This recipe makes lots, but it's never enough," Lee Campbell from Bartow, Florida confirms. "Whenever I host a get-together, the tiny toast cups with creamy filling go quickly."
Recommended: Classy Appetizers for Your Oscars Party
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 24 very thin slices white bread
- Refrigerated butter-flavored spray
- 6 to 8 unpeeled garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons minced chives
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Fresh parsley sprigs
- Cut each slice of bread with a 2-in. round cookie cutter. Spritz one side of each bread round with butter-flavored spray; press spritzed side up into miniature muffin cups coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 10-15 minutes or until golden.
- Place garlic cloves on a piece of aluminum foil. Pour oil over garlic; fold foil around garlic and seal tightly. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until garlic is very soft. When garlic is cool, remove from skins and mash.
- In a bowl, beat cream cheese, butter, chives and salt until smooth. Add garlic; beat until combined. Mound rounded teaspoonfuls of cream cheese mixture into each bread cup. Garnish with parsley. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Roasted Garlic Appetizers in Light & Tasty October/November 2001, p55
Reviews forRoasted Garlic Appetizers
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 18, 2014
"Yum! Super tasty! A good change from any heavy, unhealthy appetizer.~ Theresa"