- 1 large garlic bulb
- 1 teaspoon plus 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 large sweet red peppers
- 1/2 cup sliced stuffed olives
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 prebaked thin crust Italian bread shell (10 ounces)
- 3/4 cup sweet onion slices
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Remove papery outer skin from garlic (do not peel or separate cloves). Cut top off garlic head. Brush with 1 teaspoon oil. Wrap bulb in heavy-duty foil. Bake at 425° for 20-25 minutes or until softened. Cool for 10-15 minutes; squeeze softened garlic out of skins. Cut garlic cloves into slices.
- Cut peppers in half; remove and discard seeds. Broil peppers cut side down 4 in. from heat until skins are blistered and blackened. Immediately place peppers in a bowl; cover and let stand for 15-20 minutes. Peel off and discard charred skin; cut into julienne strips.
- In a bowl, combine the olives, vinegar, oregano, basil, pepper and remaining oil; set aside.
- Place crust on a 12-in. pizza pan. Spoon oil mixture over crust. Top with garlic, peppers, onion and cheeses. Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews forRoasted Garlic And Pepper Pizza
"NOT a take for lunch dish if you have coworkers whom you may want to breath on who may be offended at the onion or garlic, but delicious. I would in the future buy pre roasted red peppers."