Roasted Garlic and Cheese Corn on the Cob
Total TimePrep: 1 hour Grill: 20 min.
- 1 whole garlic bulb
- 1/8 teaspoon olive oil
- Dash salt
- Dash plus 1/2 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 8 medium ears sweet corn in husks
- 1/2 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 3/4 cup grated Romano cheese
- Remove papery outer skin from garlic (do not peel or separate cloves). Cut top off of garlic bulb. Brush with oil; sprinkle with salt and dash pepper. Wrap bulb in heavy-duty foil. Bake at 425° for 30-35 minutes or until softened. Cool for 10 minutes. Remove cloves from bulb.
- Carefully peel back corn husks to within 1 in. of bottoms; remove silk. In a food processor, combine the garlic, mayonnaise, paprika and remaining pepper until blended; spread over corn. Sprinkle with cheese. Rewrap corn in husks and secure with kitchen string.
- Grill corn, covered, over medium heat for 18-22 minutes or until tender, turning often.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 142 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 13mg cholesterol, 344mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 8g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
May 14, 2015
very flavorful. works in the oven at 350 for 25 minutes
Aug 14, 2009
this is fabulious on the grill !!! tried it out on my husband who was very afraid to try it, he loved it!!! i am making it for a birthday pool party this weekend!! better than butter! WOW, who knew?
Jul 26, 2009
Oh my - I will never eat "nude" corn again! What flavor! Did mine the first time in the microwave - second time on grill - both tasted wonderful!Thanks for sharing!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.