- 1 whole garlic bulb
- 1/4 teaspoon plus 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 3 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup dry red wine or beef broth
- 1 bone-in beef rib roast (6 to 8 pounds)
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dill weed
- Preheat oven to 425°. Remove papery outer skin from garlic (do not peel or separate cloves). Cut top off of garlic bulb. Brush with 1/4 teaspoon oil. Wrap garlic bulb in heavy-duty foil. Bake 30-35 minutes or until softened. Cool 10-15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 450°. Squeeze softened garlic into a small bowl; stir in onions, herbs, onion powder, salt and pepper. Add wine and remaining oil. Place roast fat side up in a shallow roasting pan. Cut slits into roast; spoon garlic mixture into slits. Rub remaining garlic mixture over roast. Pour beef broth into bottom of pan.
- Bake, uncovered, 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 325°; bake 2-1/4 to 2-3/4 hours longer or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°).
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine sauce ingredients. Cover and chill until serving. Remove roast to a serving platter and keep warm; let stand 15 minutes before slicing. Serve with sauce. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews forRoasted Garlic & Herb Prime Rib
"This was easy and delicious! Here is my blog post on it: http://heatskitchen.com/2015/05/10/garlic-and-herb-prime-rib/"