Roasted Fish with Light Herb Sauce Recipe
- 4 haddock fillets (6 ounces each)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon herbes de Provence or dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup marinade for chicken
- 2 tablespoons half-and-half cream
- 1. Place the fillets in a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Brush with oil; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake at 450° for 14-18 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan over medium heat, cook and stir shallot and herbes de Provence in butter until shallot is tender. Stir in marinade for chicken; cook and stir for 1 minute. Add cream; cook and stir 1 minute longer. Spoon over fish. Yield: 4 servings.
Editor's Note: Look for herbes de Provence in the spice aisle. This recipe was tested with Lea & Perrins Marinade for Chicken.
1 each: 222 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 109mg cholesterol, 726mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 0 fiber), 33g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1 fat.
Reviews for Roasted Fish with Light Herb Sauce
"I really like this. I'm glad the recipe includes the brand of chicken marinade because I wouldn't have known where to look for it otherwise."
"I can see how that sounds confusing but it's an actual product - if you check out the editors note "Look for herbes de Provence in the spice aisle. This recipe was tested with Lea & Perrins Marinade for chicken."I did a little searching because I hadn't ever seen the product on my grocery shelves but it looks a lot like worcestershire sauce, in a paper covered bottle and it's actually called Marinade for chicken."
"This really is not a review but don't you think it is strang that the recipe is for fish yet it call for 1/4 cup marinade for chicken"
"This was excellent! I used tilapia filets and served it with rice pilaf. I put the fish on top of the rice and poured the sauce over all of it. It was wonderful! My son, who typically does not like fish, even ate it up!"
"This was very good and quite tasty! Quite nice over flounder."