- 12 large baking potatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 6 tablespoons dry bread crumbs
- 6 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- With a sharp knife, slice potatoes thinly but not all the way through, leaving slices attached at the bottom. Place potatoes in a greased shallow baking dish. Sprinkle with salt; brush with 1/4 cup butter. Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 30 minutes.
- Brush potatoes with remaining butter and sprinkle with bread crumbs. Bake 20 minutes longer. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake 5-10 minutes more or until potatoes are tender and golden brown. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews forRoasted Fan-Shaped Potatoes
"Actually, I recall making these potatoes quite some time back and I prepared them again 11/3/13! I used 8 potatoes instead of 12! I made the adjustments on the seasoning amounts: I used 1 tsp. salt & divided the salt amount the 8 potatoes. I also seasoned potatoes with a mixture of 1/2 tsp. EACH pepper, garlic powder and Italian seasoning. I kept the butter amount to about 1/3 cup! I used LESS Parmesan cheese-about 1/4 cup! I did keep the amount of bread crumbs the same, but used Progresso Italian Breadcrumbs! I baked the potatoes 1/2 hour at the 425o F. oven setting, then brushed with balance of melted butter & sprinkled with bread crumbs & baked the 20 minutes longer! I then baked 10 minutes after topping with the Parmesan cheese & used a fork to test the potatoes! I recall when I'd prepared them before, I think I ate them ALL myself over time! They were THAT tasty and delicious! Eunice Stoen, Thank you forsharing this recipe with Taste of Home! delowenstein"
"Since it's just two of us, plan to make 3 potatoes instead, cutting back on amounts of ingredients. There are no stars to rate this recipe, but it deserves a hearty *5*. Thank you for sharing this recipe. Sincerely, J."