Roasted Eggplant Lasagna
Total TimePrep: 50 min. Bake: 30 min. + standing
- 1 small eggplant
- 2 small zucchini
- 5 plum tomatoes, seeded
- 1 large sweet red pepper
- 1 large onion, cut into small wedges
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh basil, divided
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 2/3 cup pitted Greek olives, chopped
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2-3/4 cups milk
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 5 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 2 tablespoons shredded Asiago cheese
- 3/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 6 no-cook lasagna noodles
- Cut eggplant, zucchini, tomatoes and red pepper into 1-in. pieces; place in a large bowl. Add onion, oil, 2 tablespoons basil, garlic, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper; toss. Transfer to two greased 15x10x1-in. baking pans. Bake at 450° for 20-25 minutes or until crisp-tender. Stir in olives.
- In a large saucepan, melt butter; stir in flour until smooth. Gradually stir in milk. Add bay leaf and nutmeg. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from heat. Stir in 3 tablespoons Parmesan, Asiago and remaining basil, salt and pepper. Discard bay leaf.
- Spread a fourth of the sauce in a greased 11x7-in. baking dish. Top with 2-1/3 cups vegetables, 1/4 cup mozzarella and three noodles. Repeat layers. Top with a fourth of the sauce, remaining vegetables, mozzarella, sauce and Parmesan. Cover and bake at 375° for 30-40 minutes or until bubbly. Let stand 15 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 344 calories, 22g fat (8g saturated fat), 34mg cholesterol, 590mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 3g fiber), 11g protein.
Oct 30, 2014
The flavor of this lasagna was really good; but there was way too much butter in it. The next time I make it, I will be cutting way down on the butter used to make the b?chamel sauce.
Apr 21, 2012
This is super yummy I forgot to add the olives when I made it, but I never missed them!
Aug 5, 2009
Totally Yummmmy! Thanks for a great lasagne recipe!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.