Roasted Eggplant Lasagna
Total TimePrep: 50 min. Bake: 30 min. + standing
- 1 small eggplant
- 2 small zucchini
- 5 plum tomatoes, seeded
- 1 large sweet red pepper
- 1 large onion, cut into small wedges
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh basil, divided
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 2/3 cup pitted Greek olives, chopped
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2-3/4 cups milk
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 5 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 2 tablespoons shredded Asiago cheese
- 3/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 6 no-cook lasagna noodles
- Cut eggplant, zucchini, tomatoes and red pepper into 1-in. pieces; place in a large bowl. Add onion, oil, 2 tablespoons basil, garlic, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper; toss. Transfer to two greased 15x10x1-in. baking pans. Bake at 450° for 20-25 minutes or until crisp-tender. Stir in olives.
- In a large saucepan, melt butter; stir in flour until smooth. Gradually stir in milk. Add bay leaf and nutmeg. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from heat. Stir in 3 tablespoons Parmesan, Asiago and remaining basil, salt and pepper. Discard bay leaf.
- Spread a fourth of the sauce in a greased 11x7-in. baking dish. Top with 2-1/3 cups vegetables, 1/4 cup mozzarella and three noodles. Repeat layers. Top with a fourth of the sauce, remaining vegetables, mozzarella, sauce and Parmesan. Cover and bake at 375° for 30-40 minutes or until bubbly. Let stand 15 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 344 calories, 22g fat (8g saturated fat), 34mg cholesterol, 590mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 3g fiber), 11g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Oct 30, 2014
The flavor of this lasagna was really good; but there was way too much butter in it. The next time I make it, I will be cutting way down on the butter used to make the b?chamel sauce.
Apr 21, 2012
This is super yummy I forgot to add the olives when I made it, but I never missed them!
Aug 5, 2009
Totally Yummmmy! Thanks for a great lasagne recipe!